Course code: COA002 (The code is for this site only. Use it in correspondence between us.)[divider]
About this course[one_half]
Chances are that if you don’t know what psychological ideas influence your coaching (also your psychology, your OD practice, your counseling, your facilitation – basically all the helping relationships) your coaching is influenced by the dominant psychological thinking (either where you studied, or your culture, or even in society).
This is not a problem, per se. The problem comes in when practitioners (psychologists, coaches, and other) see their take on things as the only valid take on reality.[/one_half] [one_half_last]
Well, there is often even the lack of an awareness of there being a ‘take on’ (or lens) of things. Such practitioners, but all of us regarding many things in life most of the time, have merely adopted the reality with which we have been presented.
This is something that this course in the psychological fundamentals of coaching attempts to change without having to enroll for a psychology related degree.[/one_half_last] [accordion] [accordion_toggle title=”For whom is this course relevant”]Coaches, Psychologists, Counselors, HR & OD practitioners, Motivators, Clergy, Managers – Anyone working with and serious about understanding human behaviour.[/accordion_toggle] [accordion_toggle title=”Outcomes”] [custom_list style=”list-2″]
- The psychological fundamentals of coaching course is an invitation to really take a look behind the veil.
- It helps you to take ownership of your approach.
- It locates some of the methods or tools you might be using in various fundamental ways of thinking.
- Your practice will be more accountable and you will be a better practitioner for it (if you take it to heart)
- Having a grasp of fundamentals will enable you to make better choices regarding your professional development so as to choose between the array of marketing messages involving coaching and other courses relating to models, approaches, tools and more.
The psychological fundamentals of coaching is the one professional helping course that, as a serious practitioner, you should do at least once (if not once every second year).