Welcome to the group-forums section. You can find the index of the forums below.
[tab title=”About forums”]
- What: Forums are devoted to community questions and discussions (by the community for the community).
- Purpose: Forums belong to community members as a collective so as to learn from experience or how community members, for instance, got certain things done. While, as the course facilitator/supervisor, I take part in the forums, forums are not my formal way of conveying information.
- Vision: My hope for this section is that over time forums will create a communally derived knowledge base that covers a great scope of questions, more so than I am able to answer or have sufficient time to.
- Terminology: 1. category forums 2. general forums (a sub-level of the category) 3. discussion or topics (which are created within forums ‘2’)
[tab title=”Making the best use of forums”]
- Community members cannot create forum-sections, only topics (ie, ‘discussions’).
- If you somehow do see the need for an entire different forum heading, suggest it to me.
- Community members can/should ask questions by creating discussions/topics within forums.
- When submitting topics, being specific helps. If it is a statement, short and provocative is good. Particularly around administrative matters ask specific questions. Aim for brevity in the topic title-question. Elaborate below the topic.
- One question per topic
- While participating, remain on-topic and help others remain on-topic.
- Replies should be short [leave the lecturing to me ;)].Reply more, not in longer sections.
- Be helpful and show participants where in the forum (or the website or my blogging/ post section) they can get the necessary information.
- Only register new topics or discussions if it does not already exist (but do note, you’re welcome).
- When you go out to look for information be sure to come back and share your ‘know-how’ with the community.
Forum and sub-forum index
Topic/ Discussion index