Genres of coaching
This page is about the short course ‘Genres of coaching’ (Course Code: COA003) (The course code is for this site only. Use it in correspondence between us.)
Head over to the publications, or blog section, or subscribe from the home-page to receive free updates on related themes.
[ninja-popup id=2434 autoopen=true]Take note[/ninja-popup]
- By default this course is presented in Pretoria, South Africa (other possibilities exist), or in online learning format.
- Courses are reoccurring and scheduled at your convenience.
- It is also based on a minimum (and sometimes maximum) amount of attendees.
- Once a course is scheduled and receives further exposure subscribers will be given preference of attendance.
- All relevant information will be communicated to you via email.
- For the above reasons it is necessary to subscribe (Unless you indicate otherwise the subscription will only relate to correspondence about this particular course)
About this course
Courses presented under the ‘genres of coaching’ banner take a look at different settings, contexts, themes (genres) of coaching. There are a great many genres, for example, leadership or executive coaching, business coaching, life coaching, performances coaching, even marriage coaching.
Nowadays there seems to be coaching for just about anything. It creates a heap of confusion in practice and theory. People sometimes also refer to things as coaching when they should be referring to what they do rather as as teaching, counseling, act as managers, and so on. These courses can help with ‘un’cluttering the conceptual mess while at the same time taking a good look at some of the genres of coaching.
[accordion_toggle title=”For whom is this course relevant”]Coaches, Psychologists, Counselors, Facilitators, Managers or Leaders acting as coaches.[/accordion_toggle]
- Know when it is relevant to put yourself forward as a coach versus other ways of interacting.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the specific* genres of coaching in question
- Practical tips and tools that people use in this genre of coaching
* This changes from time to time please subscribe below to stay up to date with which genres are covered next.