Coaching services[custom_frame_right shadow=”on”][/custom_frame_right] Coaching services are offered in Centurion and Pretoria East or on location depending on the nature of involvement. Coaching in my practice is about optimal development (even more so than counselling) and overcoming the obstacles that keep us from attaining our goals and dreams in life. I offer a range of services that have to do with the optimal development of individuals, families, groups/teams, and organisations. Coaching services in Centurion (Pierre van Ryneveld) of broader Pretoria East area (particularly Waterkloof Glen). Find the contact information towards the bottom of the page. On request and for some service by default I also travel. Terms and conditions apply but it is possible to coach at a different place over x-mornings. Coaching services can also be offered online and through various technological means. More here.
More on areas of coaching[custom_frame_left shadow=”on”]
[/custom_frame_left] For the past seven years I have been teaching advanced coaching practices at among other places the University of Pretoria Enterprises division. My take on coaching is well rounded with entrepreneurial business experience on the one hand and behavioural-/social sciences background (with a PhD in therapy) on the other hand. I belong to an era where we were doing coaching for some time before it were even named as such. People often don’t realise how diverse coaching is. Many think of coaching only in terms of the sports metaphor but because the areas of coaching is so diverse (far beyond sports) we account for human behaviour in ways that extends beyond the typical role of the sports coach.
Areas of coaching
Due to my background I cover most areas of coaching. I group some areas together although they could easily be dealt with separately:
- Personal and life coaching
- Business and corporate coaching
- Executive and leadership coaching
- Management leadership coaching
- Group and team coaching
- Skills, performance and alignment coaching
- Behavioural coaching
- Developmental coaching
- Transformational coaching
- Coaching for agency and empowerment
- Coaching for meaning and purpose (personal or work related)
- Coaching around gender, diversity, culture
- Coaching around critical decision-making (as it relates to personal or work matters)
How long does coaching take[custom_frame_right shadow=”on”][/custom_frame_right] Coaching can be a dash or a journey. It depends on the reason for coaching and what we encounter in the conversation. If we discover that there are behavioural aspects (which does not necessarily make it counselling) one can usually work towards eight coaching sessions but it could also be longer. Executive or leadership coaching could well be long term (more than a year) if the leader uses the coaching space as an ongoing way to reflect on organisational transitions, personal and corporate leadership, projects coming and going and so on. Critical decision-making conversations usually don’t have to extend beyond four sessions. We talk about this when we first meet as it depends on a number of factors.
Other aspects to take note of
- The use of narrative practice approaches as per default (in other words using clients’ stories and experiences [personal and/or corporate] as the basis and medium for conversations and outcomes) – unless something else is called for.
- There is an openness to the use of any form of the arts in relation to a narrative approach where it would make sense for the client based on her/his background and interests (from photography, to architecture, to music, nature themes, and more).
- A collaborative approach wherein we decide how much structure will be appropriate bearing in mind that it might also have to change at different times.
- I am open to themes related to faith and spirituality if it makes sense for the coachee to go there.
There are different fee structures based on how we decide to work together as also necessitated by offering different services. Please ask for a fees schedule via email.