[message]This page is being moved and updated on coachingintent.com, the first course in the longer advanced course series will commence on 24 February, 2020. Discounted rates apply for sectors (education, non-profit and faith based organisations, as well as individuals not sponsored by their respective organisations).[/message]
Presenting organisation: University of Pretoria (Continued Education)
Title: Advanced GROW coaching (also referred to as ‘Quintessential Genres of, and Contemporary Models of Coaching (QGCMC)’)
Next commencing: 3 – 7 August 2015
[ninja-popup id=2606 autoopen=true]
(Includes: Advanced GROW Coaching Model; Executive, Performance; Team; Purpose and other significant topics)
Delivery mode: Class contact sessions
Assessment Type: Class Assignments and Coaching Assessment
Number of contact days: 5
Course Fee: R9500
Enroll now: Nthabiseng | email@example.com | 012 420 434 265 | 078 261 4160
Brief Description of course:
Believed by many to be the original coaching model in contemporary terms the Quintessential Genres and Models of Coaching course takes the participant from beginner-structured to advanced semi-structured levels of applying the GROW coaching model in various contexts. These contexts include:
Executive Coaching (Leadership Coaching & Management Coaching) | Group & Team Coaching | Performance Coaching |Coaching for Purpose/Meaning
Advanced GROW offers everything that one can expect from a professional coaching approach as relevant to personal and organisational settings but significantly adds the topic of meaning, purpose and spirituality (particularly workplace spirituality and cultural sensitivity). It is for this reason that it is located in the department of practical theology with Dr Elmo Pienaar extending the disciplines focus to Organisational Praxis.
The compulsory contexts that the participant will engage relate to Executive Coaching (that includes matters of leadership, various management, and corporate concerns); Performance Coaching; Group and Team Coaching; Coaching for Meaning and Purpose (that relates to aspects of spirituality).
The Quintessential Genres of, and Contemporary Models of Coaching (QGCMC) (Executive, Performance; Team; Purpose and related topics) course forms part of the Advanced Course in Personal and Corporate Coaching. In the advanced course in forms the third module which can be upscaled to enrol for either a two-module course (that includes module 4 of the advanced course), or entirely upscaled to the advanced course.
In addition to the brief description offered the GROW model is extended (under the rubric of Methodology) with contemporary adult learning theories and participatory action methodology principles (as found in formal research and Organisational Development (OD) practices.
Under ‘coaching contexts’ participants will also engage in relevant learning experiences on other topics that will shift on a yearly basis depending on the groups interest. These include Life Coaching, Business Coaching, Alignment Coaching and other ‘topic-centred’ coaching perspectives.
The course sees participants engage a number of highly relevant conversations regarding the principles of coaching and common corporate or organisational subject matter ranging, self-directed learning, from advanced goal-setting to corporate reverse engineering.
NOTE: It is part of the gist of the course to cross boundaries and bring to conversation spirituality, values and similar topics to prominent discourses in society and organisations.
Coaching with the Experiential Learning Cycle
Reflective Participatory Action Coaching
Coaching contexts/ and topics (genres/categories)
Group and Team Coaching
Coaching and Workplace Spirituality Coaching for Meaning and Purpose – (includes workplace spirituality/transpersonal coaching/mindfulness)
Executive coaching (related to Leadership Management, and corporate themes)
The practice of…:
Self-directed learning |Discernment and Decision making processes
Executive life| Adult Learning |Directive vs Facilitative Approaches |Performance & Talent Management | Performance Appraisal Revisioned | Purpose, Meaning Workplace Spirituality and Employee Engagement| Strategic Organisational Architecture | Reverse Engineering the Future, Scenario Planning | Relevant OD practices
Added Value / Course Benefits
• The Quintessential Genres of, and Contemporary Models of Coaching (QGCMC) (Executive, Performance; Team; Purpose and related topics) course forms part of the Advanced Course in Personal and Corporate Coaching.
• In the advanced course it forms the third module which can be upscaled to enrol for either a two-/ three module course (that includes module 4 and/or module 1 & 2 of the advanced course). Should participants wish to continue their learning they can do so cost effectively within a period of years – provided there are no major revisions in the course material and structure.
• Seeing that the course is tightly integrated into the advanced course, once the advanced course is completed it opens up opportunities to further studies on a Masters Degree level (with certain terms and conditions that apply).
• The opportunity to contribute to the participants coaching log for purposes of registering as a coach.
• Advice and guidance on the process of getting certified at the various coaching governing bodies.
• Certification from University of Pretoria, continued education, a leading university and registered with the Higher Education Counsel of South Africa.
• Intentional smaller groups for the purpose of advanced learning opportunity. (A different date will have to be scheduled for participants above a certain number as also influenced by available venue possibilities)
• Other relevant benefits include course material, snacks, coffee/tea, lunch.
• Participants will get adequate training on between one to three coaching models with the GROW coaching model prominently featured.
• Gain a thorough understanding of advanced goal-setting and decision making processes.
• Learn about executive concerns (including corporate leadership and management topics)
• Master fundamentals of performance
• Gain operational understanding of groups and teams and how they differ
• Integrate concerns around meaning, purpose, and spirituality into coaching
Who should enrol?
Decision makers, Managers and Team leaders, Coaches, Facilitators, Mentors, Mediators, Consultants, Trainers, Organisational Development and Human Resources Practitioners, Transformation and Change Management Practitioners, Cultural and Diversity Practitioners.
Any one of the following and in order of what is most successful:
• Existing Practitioners in any of the professional/skilled helping modalities such as facilitation, consulting, counselling, mentorship.
• Existing leadership positions
• 3-5 years work experience on at least management level
• Preferably undergraduate degree (or a case could be made in other instances)
• Other relevant continuing education short courses
Extended Course Options
The following four modules are part of a series that collectively is forms the Advanced Course in Personal and Corporate Coaching. All the modules while presented independently are fully strategically aligned with one another
• Narrative Coaching – Level 1 (1 methodology) [22 – 26 February 2016]
• Advanced Narrative Practice (1-3 Methodologies [02 – 06 May 2016]
• Advanced GROW model and Quintessential Genres (1-3 Methodologies) [01 – 05 August 2016]
• Contextual-Collaborative Coaching (1 Methodology) [17 – 21 October 2016]
• Key Assignment/Research Module [Non-contact driven]
Saving anything from R1,000 to R6,000 by combining courses/modules:
• Any one module/course costs R9,500
• Two modules R18,000 (Save R1,000)
• Three modules R25,500 (Save R,3000)
• Four modules (is the advanced course) (Save R6,000)
Please note that the Research Module is effectively free but can only be taken in conjunction with enrolling with at least 3 of the 4 modules. However, if certain terms and conditions are met the Research Module can be taken separately so as to fulfil criteria for enrolling for a masters degree.
Course Leader Details:
Name: Dr Elmo Pienaar
Tel: Please visit website for ways to get in touch, relevant information and more at www.elmopienaar.com
Considering to rather enrol for the Advanced Course in Personal and Corporate Coaching of which this course is a component, visit:
• For the past number of years, as a research fellow at the University of Pretoria, Dr. Pienaar took focus on the theme of Narrative and Spiritual Coaching in Organisational Development, comparing coaching to other practices such as consulting and facilitation. Prior to this he has been involved in profit and non-profit driven organisations and founded or developed several business.
• He is doing an Executive MBA programme in aid of having established a postgraduate research community exploring the area between Organisations and matters such as workplace spirituality. He is the course leader for the Advanced Course in Personal and Corporate Coaching presented by ‘Continuing Education at University of Pretoria’ and aspects of said course also offered by way of individual modules.
• His PhD explored the interaction between narrative ideas and the arts, covering personal to organisational settings.
• Apart from research endeavours, in practice he is a meaning architect, organisational consultant and mission-designer. He is a consultant at Telling Outcomes that works particularly with narrative practice. He brings together the theoretical rocket science and practice of skilled helping through which raises the standard of leadership, management and professional services such as coaching, mentorship, facilitation, consulting and counselling.
• He invites novelty, creativity and artistic thinking and application, will not let go of collaboration and empowerment, and sometimes gets into trouble by unknowingly deconstructing modernistic silos and challenging taken for granted beliefs and practices.